Thursday, September 24, 2009

How to Move on in Conflict

Tullian Tchividjian became the lead pastor of Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last March. In between now and then, certain members of Tchividjian 's church tried to oust him, which culminated in a vote this Sunday.

Here is an interview he did with Christianity Today regarding this weekend's events.

A good quote:

"How do I go forward? I keep pastoring the whole church. I keep shepherding the whole church. I keep preaching to the whole church. I keep leading the whole church."

And, embedded in it is a good thought about how the church needs to be engaging culture:

"For too long, I think, evangelicals have made synonymous the idea of cultural engagement and political activism. And that's very much a truncated view of cultural engagement."

No comments: